Friday, March 21, 2014

I'll Watch About Anything...


Was pondering what I should write about this week On Popcorn and Movies, when Paula, over at PAULA'S CINEMA CLUB...


made it easy, nominating me for a...

Which for sooo many reasons right now, I can't accept, mostly  because part of it is thinking up 11 unique questions  and nominating 11 other bloggers.....ahhh, did I mention that I am doubling up on this posting, I have 30 minutes and then have to go on to the next thing on the list, about 7 other deadlines before end of March. 
But Paula was great in saying "Please don't freak out if you don't have time..." so I won't. But her questions are so cool, I am totally answering them for this blog post, which I have time for, because she did half of it for me...
And here are her questions....
1. St. Patrick's Day was this week. What is your favorite film set in Ireland? 
                                                  

LEAP YEAR is a sweet RomCom starring Amy Adams and the very yummy Matthew Goode, about the Irish Tradition of women asking men to marry them on the occasional Leap Year. Some other sweet romance comedies from the British Isles can be found HERE...
2. What movie job would you  like to try? Director, screenwriter, stunt person, costumer...? 

All of the above other them stunt person or anything in front of the camera. I would totally direct, write or clap the sound card, happily. In my other life, I am actually a textile artist and would  happily sit for months doing embroidery work on epic costumes like those in the LORD OF THE RINGS series.
3. Under  what circumstances, if any, would you appear on a reality TV show?
None.
4. There's a lot of mediocre sequels around, but are there any films that should have a sequel but don't?
I can't think of a sequel of a recent film, but can think of dozens of old movies that the story line is so good, Hollywood should do them again, instead of doing the like 5th Spiderman! Here are two I have bemoaned about ON POPCORN AND MOVIES.  Click on title for my ponderings
                                        

                                             

5. Have you had any brushes with fame...where and who was the famous person?

Well, I have posted how I have been able to see a few famous actors up at the Telluride Film Festival. HERE is a post on how unimpressed the famous dogs of the mountain town are with the top Hollywood actors and directors that come each Labor Day...      
                                 
                                  

6. What is your favorite time of day?

Morning- for the new day and the productiveness and evening- for the winding down and the family time.

7. Who should play in your biopic?

I can't get past the thought that anyone would want to make the story of my life, to think of which sexy Hollywood actress would play me.....right there it would stop being based on a true story.

8. Is there a book that has not been made into a movie that you think would be good?

Yeah, mine! While I have no desire to subject anyone to the story of my life, I would love if one of my manuscripts, either already on paper or in my head were made into a movie....well if I could write it as the screenwriter that is.

9. Sleepless nights....do you get up and do something, stay still and try to relax, or..?

Or... I think up the story lines I hope get published into novels that will be turned in to movies!

10. Do you have a recurring dream?

Yeah, that one where you come to class at the end of the term and can't get your locker open or just wandering through a house that never ends, room into room into room, etc.

11.  Fill in the blank: People would be surprised that I really like....

about every kind of movie and T.V. show out there. Well, I guess not if you read this blog...

Classic Movies...
                                             

All Kinds of T.V Shows...

                                     

Even Espionage ....


and Sci Fi...

Blame my brother, he was older the me and had more control over the remote on a Saturday at home, well, for a long time there was no remote, you got up. I'd watch classic movies until he came around and than it was James Bond reruns and Star Trek.

Probably most surprising, well not, I wrote about it HERE, is I have Dyslexia...that is why I put sooooo many pictures in my postings. Can't stand huge blocks of text. I write novels, but listen to them on tape, and they have to be pretty good to hold my attention, while, yeah, I'll watch about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment